Tuesday, June 12, 2007

BACK IN THE POOL

After two weeks of not being able to swim due to an infection in the road rash on my hip I was finally able to get back in the water the last two day...not sure if I should have but I needed to! I was starting to get a little nervous about the swim especially because it is the area I am least prepared for. So yesterday morning I took the wetsuit to the pool, quckly pulled it on and it was a disaster!! I swam about 200m and my arms were DEAD! After about 1000m I packed it in and headed home very dejected. This morning I went back to the pool and took my time getting my wetsuit on and discovered that was the difference...whew!!!

I made sure I got the wetsuit up as high asI could on the legs and crotch and then that my arms/shoulders were all the way in and I had no trouble. I banged out a few thousand meters without any trouble and at a nice comfortable pace (about 9 minutes/100m). I'm hoping to even average 9 1/2 minutes for the race. If all goes well this shouldn't be a problem.

It's amzazing what your mind can have you believe when you let your thoughts wander for a bit. I went from feeling good about everything to thinking the swim might be a little tougher than I thought to thinking I may DNF because I missed a few swim workouts this month!! While my swimming definately has suffered over the last month due to this road rash and a few other things if I DNF it won't be because of these missed swim workouts!!

12 Days to go!!!

Cheers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home