Tuesday, June 05, 2007

SUPPORT!

Have I mentioned the great support I have recieved on my Ironman Journey??

My biggest fan is my wife and I can't believe how supportive she has been. The ironman jouney is really a family affair. We certainly work together on raising our daughter and it's not without give and take so I try and get the majority of my workouts in early in the morning before Anaka wakes up but Friday mornings long rides are tough as she has Anaka at home, alone all morning and Saturday mornings are similar as I do my long runs. A couple evenings a week I have Anaka while Jaz teaches Yoga, but it's only for a couple hours. There have been some ups and downs through the training but she is a special person and has remained interested and supportive and I love her for it.

My second biggest inspiration and fan is our daughter Anaka. She turns two in August and has been a complete joy and is an amazing little girl. She is so well behaved it has been easy for both Jaz and I to live up to our committments (training and others) as she is so flexible and easy to deal with. Whenever my bike comes out she asks 'Daddy bike??' and is happy to see me return from my workouts and greets me with a hug.

My two main training partners Brent and Paul. Paul has done 3 Ironmans, Brent one and have been a great support as well as wealth of knowledge. I have done the bulk of my training with them (Brent especially) and it is always great to discuss things with them and bounce thoughts off them during our morning runs or on the way to the pool. they have definately helped with motivation as it doesn't seem like much of a chore to get out of bed at 4:30am when you get to hang out with good guys!

Mark, Bec, John, and Ame, our friends from home that live across town. Mark was my main training partner last year and we began this ironman journey together. It's unfortunate we haven't been able to train together as much this year, but we have sill put in many miles together and it has been nice adding Bec and John to the mix. Hopefully Mark and I will be able to stand at the finish line of Ironman Switzerland together as Ironmen! While we haven't been able to put in as much time training together, we have been on the phone pretty much daily!

The Cairo Cycling Club for being such a great group of people and pulling me through many miles on the road, showing interest and being supportive.

Staff members at AIS who have been supportive and interested in my journey.

Again, thanks to everyone!! 19 days to go!

Cheers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home