Sunday, May 27, 2007

COUNTDOWN IS ON!

Exactly 4 weeks from now I will be wading in to the water in Lake Zurich for what is sure to be an exciting, exhausting, and hopefully rewarding day. I feel like as of today I can officially start a countdown of sorts. I have one more big week of building mileage, then the peak/taper period begins.

I was feeling really good about everything over the weekend, but this morning as I flipped the page on my training calendar I am a bit more nervous. Training has been going well considering I have a more than full time job, family, +40 degree heat by 9:30 am, no pool, and training in Cairo has it's drawbacks.

This past weekend I did a 182 km bike on Friday. My average speed was 30.7 km/hr. I felt good through the first 140 but the last 40 was a struggle (as I expected. It was good for my confidence and made me feel like I am where I need to be in my training. On Saturday I did a 1:15 bike followed by a 1:30 min run which was o.k. considering what went on Friday, but of course after this mornings swim I began to question my readiness. I know this will pass also.

This weekend I am travelling to Al Arish on the North Coast for a couple days with the family and some colleagues from work. It should be a nice relaxing weekend except I need to do a 6-6 1/2 hour bike and have no idea what will be possible up there. I also have a 3 hour run to get through but am looking forward to running parts of it with some friends from work.

Cheers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home