Monday, May 21, 2007

ON THE PODIUM

This past weekend I competed in our little 'MaadiMan' sprint triathlon here in Cairo. The swim was 750m at the Cairo American College pool, the bike was 20km around Maadi, and the run was 5km on the CAC track.

I came out of the water in 6th place after an ok swim of 13 minutes. I came in to T1 in second place only 3 seconds behind the leader. My bike time was 36:05...not fast but a very solid bike considering the conditions of the roads we were riding on. After a solid run of 20:12 I broke the tape with a :25 lead.

Overall I was very happy with the race. The competition this year was tough as triathletes came out of the woodwork. The swim was especially fast with the Egyptian National 1500m record holder swimming a 8:05 as part of a team.

1 Comments:

Blogger Habeela said...

woohoo! podium finish! That's awesome. Congrats!

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home