Saturday, February 03, 2007

OUT TO PASTURE

Last Friday I saddled up a new ride and took it out for a test drive. After 100k I new I was in love. Sadly it may mean I have to put 'the goat' (as in the old goat!) out to pasture. The new bike is a Cannondale 1000 bout second hand off a guy from our local cycling club. It is full of upgrades and has very low mileage. Needs one little repair, but the seller is going to take care of that for us.

The Goat is an old steel frame Sansineto that I bought off a guy here in Egypt a couple years ago. It has been a warrier, not only for me but for the previous owners in Cairo. The roads in Cairo are very hard on bikes and The Goat has stood the test of time. I won't completely put her out to pasture, I will still use her on the trainer and on my Monday morning rides to school as she can handle the strip down to fit in the car to bring home at the end of the day.

As for the new bike, I don't have a name for her yet, but she was a very comfortable. She was light and fast and climbed like a dream. It was hard wheeling her past The Goat in the morning but I'm sure she'll understand.

I will post pictures when I get a chance, and when she has a name, you'll be the first to know.

Cheers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home