Saturday, January 20, 2007

154 DAYS!!! 22 WEEKS!!!

I was looking at my training plan this morning and doing some fine tuning. I realized it's 22 weeks, 154 days to ironman. Things are getting serious now! Up to this point I have basically been riding and running for the fun of it. Sticking to a regular schedule but mainly trying to enjoy what I'm doing and trying to be creative. My plan was to become more disciplined and calculated at 23 weeks. This week I began with my official program.

1600 m in the pool on Sunday(4 sets of 400m) followed by a 45 min track workout.
Monday I rode to work (by myself in the cold and dark). 50 km of hill work.
Tuesday was a 12km, 1 hour run.
Wednesday I spent 90 minutes on the trainer before work doing endurance work.
Thursday was another 2000m in the pool.
Friday was our regular group ride. 70 km with the first half hill work then steady state, and I was able to avoid the urge to hammer it out with the hammerheads and stick to my own workout leading the middle of the packers.
Saturday is an off day, but I have a basketball game.

This week I will add in my long run as this week was an easy week. I will also get back to some yoga this week and 2 sessions in the weight room.

Overall I felt good, but HUNGRY! I couldn't seem to eat enough to make me happy!

The other issue I had this week was that my training partner bailed on me 4 of the 5 mornings. This was a good thing as it was a little test of my willpower early on. All 4 mornings I made the right choice and feel good about it!

So this is the first week of official scheduled training and I will say if anything I feel like I'm ahead of schedule. Scheduleling is still going to take some tweaking. Everything I did this week with the exception of Sundays run I did before school. This is what works best for my family and what I would prefer to do, but there just isn't going to be enough time as the hours increase. As well, swimming is still up in the air as we are trying to find the place that works best to swim. Jaz has been very supportive and that's great so all will work out.

Cheers for now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Habeela said...

22 weeks?! Boy does that sound so close and yet so far away!

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home