Wednesday, November 29, 2006

PERSPECTIVE!!

Yesterday was a crazy day all around. I woke up and did an 11km run at 6:00 am (an hour later than normal). Then ran around all day until 5:00 when I loaded 20 kids on a bus and headed to Cairo American College to participate in the annual 'Turkey Trot'. At 6:00 I ran the 1 mile race then turned around and ran the 5 km race right after, finishing about 6:30.

Right after I finished the 5 km race I was doing a cool-down run with my training partner who is a multiple Ironman veteran and he said think about this...imagine when we started our 11k run this morning that you were just starting Ironman. Now think about this...you should be just finished and hanging around the finish line taking it all in! I just about fell over, trying to put it all in perspective. I tried looking back at all that I accomplished during the day and all the running around I did and then tried to imagine all that time spent in the water, on the bike, and on the road. It really put things in perspective and is definately something I'm going to have to get my head around.

As far as the runs go... 11km in 54 min. then 1 mile race in 5:26 and finally 5km in 20:10. Not blazing fast for me, but when put all together, pretty happy with things. Took today off, doing a 90 minute run in the morning and about 120km bike on Friday morning.

Cheers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home