Thursday, October 26, 2006



MEET MY NEW TRAINING PARTNER & FRIEND

I would like to introduce my new training partner and friend...The Wind!

As we approach some windy times in Egypt it occured to me that I had to stop battling the wind. I have to quit cursing it on every ride. It is going to be around for some time, and not just any wind but a warm dusty desert type wind. I decided it was high time I made friends with the wind. High time I began treating it like a friend and companion. I realized the wind is what is probably going to get me to the start line of Ironman in the best possible position to make it to the finish line. The wind is going to be my companion over the next 6 months and I am going to use it and abuse it. Get everything I can out of it. Welcome it like a long lost friend. Sure there will probably be times when it frustrates me, when I go back to old habits and curse the wind, but in the end I will make up with it and treat it like a friend. Appreciate it for what it can do for me and what it will do to me. Prepare me to become an Ironman.

Bring on the wind!

Cheers for now.

Brawn of the Oasis

1 Comments:

Blogger Habeela said...

It must be nice to have your own personal wind tunnel. :)

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home