Saturday, November 25, 2006

NEWS!

This past several weeks has been busy ones in the Brawn household and there have been many develpopments.

1. Jaz has been considering quiting her teaching job. it has been an ongoing struggle for her this year having to teach middle school PE completely outside in Egypt as our gymnasium/Pool facility is yet to be finished. As someone who is sensitive to the weather that alone has been difficult and when you add in that we drop our 15 month old daughter off at nursery at 7:00 am then don't pick her until 4:30 it has been a struggle for all of us. In the end she has decided to stick it out for this year and resign at the end of the year. The financial strain on our family would have been too much at this point.

2. We have paid for and booked our flights to India at Christmas time so Jaz can study yoga for two weeks and Anaka and I can hang out on the beach.

3. I completed a 20km leg of the Pharonic Relay. Ran it in 1:36 and felt strong. All went well and feels like I am right on track in my training. Also did 2 100km rides the two weekends prior to this race.

4. The big news is I have registered and paid for Ironman Switzerland!! This event will take place on June 24th in Zurich and will be what consumes my time and my thoughts over the next 7 months.

I hope folks will join me on this journey. Part of the committment to the race includes a committment to post more. To share my thoughts, to express my thoughts and feelings not only for the benefit of others, but also for my own benefit. This post marks the beginning of a new chapter in my life. Hang on and enjoy the ride.

Cheers

1 Comments:

Blogger Habeela said...

Wow! It does sound busy. But India sounds like a lot of fun. Can't wait to hear how the training is going.

12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home