Sunday, November 26, 2006

RECESS OR DETENTION

For me, training has been like recess the last couple years. I get excited about getting out on the road or in the pool. It is something I look forward to and is what balances me...settles my mind...allows me to blow off some enery.

Somedays though it can feel like detention. This morning was one of those days. My alarm went off at 4:45. Anaka had the household up at 3:30 so I felt like I deserved another hour of sleep and that I could afford to miss a workout, so I changed my alarm to 6:00. The guilt got to me though and at 4:51 I dragged myself out of bed, laced on the runners and headed out the door for a 10k run. Until km 4 it truly felt like detention and it took a long time for my mind to clear and for me to relax and enjoy the run. About half way through, I started to come around and things actually started to feel good

So, this morning I had 25 minutes of detention, followed by 25 minutes of recess!

Cheers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home