Sunday, January 07, 2007

HOME SAFE & SOUND

We made it home from India in one piece. The last week was eventful.

I spent an evening volunteering at a rescue house for street kids. This house was for girls. I took Anaka along and they loved her. She was a great source of entertainment as well. I spent most of the evening reading to kids and helping them with homework.

The New Years Day triathlon took place. I managed to talk 2 others who were staying at the same place to also take part. We 'rented' three bikes (100 rupees (2 dollars)). They were interesting bikes, I could hardly lift mine! We swam for 20 minutes, then biked about 8 km followed by a 5 km run. It was all in good fun.

The following day I came down with something and had a fever for two days and a lack of energy. I carried on with events, but didn't feel great.

A couple days before we were scheduled to come home I took the motorbike I had rented out to take some pictures and was run off the road by a guy not paying attention. I was o.k. with some scrapes on my arm and leg, by big toe has turned black and blue and two of my fingers and thumb are cut up pretty bad, but I am o.k luckily. The bike was also banged up, but I was able to continue riding it.

The trip home turned out to be longer than we thought as we were delayed in Jordan Airport for and additional 5 hours. Jordan airport is no place to be stranded as there is NOTHING to do!

Now we are home and start school tomorrow. Tomorrow morning the fun and games are over as training for Ironman Switzerland gets sserious. It will be 6 months of dedicated training!!

Cheers for now

1 Comments:

Blogger Habeela said...

Yeah, the Jordanian airport is absolutely barren and out in the middle of no-where so you can't even leave and run into town!

Glad you're home safe and sound and that India was so much fun!

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home