Wednesday, May 30, 2007

DOWN...BUT NOT OUT!!

Just over three weeks out from Ironman and I laid the bike down today. Not just a cruising to a stop tip over either I was smokin'! I was going about 50km/hr on a downhill with a slight tailwind when I hit an oil slick and it was all over.

The damage: much missing skin, mostly on the hip and shoulder, but thankfully no broken bones. The bike will live to ride another day, I twisted the left shifter around which I have already fixed, and ripped up the handlebar tape. Other than that no worse for wear.

So I am 24 days out and have a last BIG weekend of mileage this weekend, then it is lots of BRICK work. Last weekend I rode 182kms on Friday then on Saturday did 1 hour on the bike followed by 1 1/2 hour run. This weekend I will ride about 200kms on Friday and have a 3 hr run on Saturday. On Thursday night we are going up to Al Arish for the weekend. We have never been there but it is supposed to be very nice. It is on the Medditeranean near the Gaza border. There is big surf with lots of palm trees and white sand beach. I am taking the bike and will do my ride there as well as the run. I should be able to get in a couple open water swims as well.

Then it's trying to keep the rubber side down and taper time!

Cheers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home