Thursday, June 07, 2007

AT PEACE!!

People have been warning me for some time how difficult the taper for Ironman will be. It's a time filled with doubt, anxiety, nervous energy, etc. I have to say that 1 week in and I feel at peace with things. I am relaxed, calm, definatley excited about the race, but all seems to be in perspective.

My main goal in starting this was to get to the finish line healthy and as trained as I could be which would give me the best opportunity to get to the finish line. I feel that's the position I'm in right now. I have basically had 6 very solid months of training. No major injuries to speak of and no major illnesses. Every set back along the way has been minor. Every disruption in training has basically been anticipated and dealt with. I am two weeks away from toeing the start line as healthy and well trained as I can be. Yes it would be nice to not have missed a couple long rides or swim due to track meets, meetings, etc. but these things were anticipated so they are not causing me stress. This was always about the journey, not the destination. If something comes up on race day and I don't finish I feel o.k. with that knowing that I did all I could do and that it musn't have been meant to be on this occasion. Sure I will be dissapointd, but the jorney has been a great one and I have enjoyed every minute of it!

So that being said two more weeks to stay healthy and get to the start line, everything after that will be gravy in my books!

cheers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home