Sunday, March 12, 2006

ALL ABOUT THE TAPER!
It seems now all the hard work is done and it's all about the taper now. Had my last two big workouts on the weekend and now winding down. 5 days until Israman 1/2 Ironman. The last 1/2 Ironman I did was my first triathlon. I had no idea what to expect and no real idea what I was doing. 2 years have passed and I am really excited about this race. My training has gone well, nothing that was a big stretch from what I was doing just more focused workouts.

This past weekend I did a 2000m swim followed by a 90 minute bike. If you read my last post you know I was going to be battling the Khamaseen winds of Egypt on the bike. The wind was still a little nasty, but much of the dust had settled out so it wasn't too bad on the lungs. Friday morning I did a 60k bike followed by a 17k run. Bike was steady at about 30k/hr with some consistent cross winds. I took about 6 minutes of transition time to change and get ready for the run, then went 17k in 80 minutes which I was real happy with as I felt strong right to the finish of the run. Now If I can just be smart this week and spend my energy stores wisely this weekend I should be able to turn in a P.B. 1/2 Ironman time.

As for the rest of the weekend I had a surprise birthday supper for Jaz at the Italian Consolate with about 35 friends. Her birthday is actually on the 17th which is race day, so I wanted to surprise her with a little something before I left. Supper was very nice, the company was great and the food was excellent as always.

Saturday my MS boys football team won our city championship tournament, CISSA (Cairo International Schools Sports Association). This was the first CISSA Championship for our school as we have only been in existence for three years.

It's now time to go home, clean my bike and put my feet up for the night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home