Wednesday, March 01, 2006

16 DAYS

Man I don't know what happens to me, but come noon, if I don't have my workout in I have to drag my ass out and even though I'm only fighting with myself, I will fight tooth and nail until I finally get started. The majority of my training takes place in the morning and that's the way I like it. Train...work day...social/family time. It's quite the opposite with Jazzy. She enjoys her sleep in the morning and is not really a morning person, but come evening is when she loves to train. I come from a family of morning people. If my phone rings at 5:00am you can gaurantee it's my father calling to see how things are going.

The run itself went pretty well. 24 km in 1 hour 58 minutes. Not blazing fast, but a good consistent pace for 24 k. The first half was one minute faster than the second half so pretty consistent. I did some work on run nutrition. Experimenting with some different gels and when, a swell as water vs sports drink and how much of the latter I could stomach after kilometer 12. I also nibbled on a cliff bar at 20 k. I don't usually eat anything solid on the run but thought I would give it a try and it wasn't too bad. Small bites and lots of chewing and it actually took my mind offf running and gave me something else to think about.

My legs felt pretty strong throughout and never really felt tired until the 20 km mark. From then on it was just gut it out. Everything today feels like it should with my ankles a little sore and my legs a little tired but all in all o.k.

This afternoon I have some speedwork in the pool (16 X 50), I coach a soccer game after school then I teach a spinning class tonight (interval). If my legs feel a little tired now, they should be completely knackered by tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home