Thursday, November 24, 2005

IT'S ALL REALTIVE ISN'T IT?!?

This morning I froze my freakin hiney off on my morning run. When I got back to the house I looked at the temperature and found in to be 15 degrees! (although it was a little damp out) Now at home on the praries of Saskatchewan I would kill for 15 degrees on the 24th of November. 15 degrees would feel amazingly warm at home this time of year and it got me thinking, everything is relative.

When I started this jouney in endurance sports I began by preparing to hopefully complete a 12 km run. Now days my short run days are between 10 and 12 kms. Last week one morning ride was 150 kms. Two years ago 150 kms was a tank of gas and 2 L of oil! A half marathon just about killed me 1 1/2 years ago and now I do 20+ km runs at least twice a month...it's all relative

I teach a spinning class once a week at our local Gold's Gym. A regular in my class who was struggling to finish an endurance class told me after the class went so quick, it seemed like no time and it was over...it's all relative.

The beauty of this is that it seems to have carried over in to all aspects of my life. Problems that seemed huge before I began this journey, now seem minor. People who seemed to get the better of me in the past now are minor players in my life...it's all relative.

It's all relative!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home