Wednesday, November 16, 2005

IT'S IN THE BOOKS!

3000 m in 56 min. Done! This was a big swim for my confidence and I didn't need to lock myself in and I didn't need to post one of our security guards outside the door!

It seems over the last year I have had no problem gutting out a long run or a 150 KM bike, but in the pool it just seems easier to get wet and pack it in. I know I've swum 3000 + meters in the past, but I haven't seriously trained any swimming distance for over a year so it has been hard to get my head around 120 lengths!

But that seems to be all over. At 1500m I was fighting it a little, but from 2000 on I felt comfortable and relaxed and except for some cramping issues in the last 500, I think I could have gone forever!

Next in my sights 5000 by Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home