Thursday, November 10, 2005

HMMMM!!
So, some interesting developments in my event planning for 2006. My thought was to do Ironman Switzwerland on July 3rd on my way home to Canada. This would be my 'A' race and because of the timing would all but rule out any major events in Canada this summer. I got the go-ahead from the Mrs. and all seemed to be a go.
Now I just learned of an Ironman event in Eilat, Isreal on March 17th. They also have a 1/2 ironman that my wife would be interested in doing. For us this would mean we could travel together and both do the event. There would also be a few others from Cairo that would probably make the trip. This would also open up a couple other events for me. The Dead Sea Marathon in April and a 1/2 Ironman in Canada that I would really like to do.
The drawback for me is the timing. It happens very quickly and means that I would really have to step up the training over the next few months. I think if all goes well I could complete the distance and as this would be my first Ironman, that would be most important anyway. If I could get tis one under my belt then maybe I could look at a bigger one for the summer of 2007.
Lots to think about. I will maybe have to hammer this one out with the Mrs. this weekend.

As far as training goes, it has been a slower week as I have a bit of a sore throat. Swam only 500 m yesterday, but did 2000 the day before. Taught a spinning class last night and got in a solid hour on the bike. I didn't run this morning but I will make that up after school today. Tommorrow we (the cycling club) will do about a 100 KM ride. Saturday I have a swim coach coming in to spend some time with me. He is the coach of the Egyptian National Distance Team and was the African Swimmer of the year in the mid 90's, so he should be able to help me a little.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home