Monday, November 14, 2005

IS THERE A CATEGORY FOR THIS?
Last night I felt like getting a run in, but was also in charge of the Little Brawn for the evening, so I decided to throw her in the baby stroller and get out of the house (after all that's what we bought it for!). I managed to get in an 18 km run with her sleeping through most of it. As she wasn't much company I started thinking about races and some of the different things that go on at races and categories, and I thought this would make a great category. 10 k or half marathon pushing a baby stroller. Even better, why not make it a mom and dad relay and instead of touching hands or passing a baton you just take over the stroller!
Pushing the baby stroller for 18 km was way harder than any marathon, but I felt like I was running with a sense of purpose. I had my three onth old daughter out getting some fresh air and although she will not remember this particular run, as she grows older and accompanies me and the Mrs. on more runs I hope this fosters an appreciation of the outdoors, the benefits of physical fitness, and a love for running.
I think it would be great at the next running event to see moms and dads out running with Jr. in the baby stroller to encourage them on!

1 Comments:

Blogger Recovering Alumni said...

Yes, that is a good idea. I actually saw several parents pushing strollers at my last 5k. As I went by one, the kid was eating a chicken biscuit from Chick-Fil-A. That just seemed wrong.

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home