Monday, February 27, 2006

BACK AGAIN

It's like I left the country...actually I did leave the country, but I'v been back for a month. Despite the computer problems, internet problems, training time, insanity of my life, there is really no excuse for not getting back to this sooner. Truth be told, other things have been of greater importance, but I'm back and itching to fill you in on what is going on.

A three week trip home to the sun and snow of Saskatchewan was a much needed break from the hussle and bussle of Cairo. While I did not get a bike in or a swim, I managed to keep up the running miles. It was great to get out on the open prairie once again with nothing but peace and quiet and lots of animal tracks.

Since we've returned things have gradually gotten busier. We have been offered and accepted new teaching positions at another school in Cairo (that for another post). The Little Brawn has continued to grow and has cut two teeth along the way. And the training has been in full force. Since our return I have run in two races, 1) the Degla Dash in the desert (10km in 45'45"). This was the second part of a Brick workout. We biked 75kms to the start of the race, then did the 10km. 2) The Pyramids Run starting and ending at the small pyramid at Giza (8km 31'04"). Both respectable times for me and I felt good performances.

With our 1/2 Ironman (The Israman) in 17 days in Eilat, Isreal, the training has been fast and furious. Again, I will update you more on this as the days go by, but I wanted to break the ice and get another post in before I forgot how it was done!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home