Sunday, November 27, 2005

OUCH!!
At 3 1/2 months of age it appears the Little Brawn is beginning to cut her first tooth. After a great weekend she began to be a little out of sorts yesterday afternoon. It soon became obvious that something was bothering her. While she did her best to tough it out it was clear she was not herself. Of course the usual signs...red cheeks, rash on her chin, chewing everything, excessive drooling. While the fussing was not real bad, she spent most of the day just moaning and groaning and wanting to be held.

I had planned to do a long run in the morning, but I couldn't leave her, especially knowing that I had a ball game in the afternoon and would be gone for 3 hours. It was especially tough on the Mrs. as I could tell she felt helpless, but wanted to help. I am very proud of both of them though as they both got through the day and seem to be no worse for wear. Although the Little Brawn in not completely herself , she is much better.

It is so hard to watch someone so small and so sweet be in pain like that. But, I guess we all go through it and I don't seem to remember. She will definately get lots of pampering over the next few days as will the Mrs. as it seems to be equally as hard on her.

5 K race coming up on Tuesday evening. I will use it more as a little training run as I plan to bike Tuesday morning. The day off yesterday = strong legs this morning as the usual 10 k felt great and we were able to kick it in to overdrive for the last km. Felt good to be on an all out sprint for that long. Friday's bike was very enjoyable. We had 22 start out with the group. I went on the first two breaks with the hammerheads out front and did some very hard riding, then spun in the middle for about 60 km with a more sociable group before finishing with a hard effort with the hammerheads again for a total of 105 km.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home