Tuesday, May 16, 2006

EXCUSES!

Ever go through a stretch where you are best at coming up with excuses not to follow through with your training schedule.

My training has been going very well the last three weeks with the exception of the pool. I have managed to validate the following excuses:

1. my goggles are leaking, it's time to stop.
2. can't continue with this cramp in my leg.
3. I think that's the start of a muscle strain, time to shut down.

I can go months without missing a single workout, but when I can sell just one excuse to myself, it becomes easy for me to buy any old excuse.

Today I completed my whole swim workout (16 X 50). I had to have a short discussion with myself and I believe I am back on track. It wasn't a major thing, 3 swim sessions cut short, but I know how quickly 3 can turn in to a month if I don't step back and refocus.

On another note, the negotiations begin tonight on Ironman quest 2007. Jaz and I will sit down and look in to an Ironman for next year. Try and sort out what fits best in to the flow of our family/school/travel situation. Preliminary discussion is pointing toward ironman France-Nice.

1 Comments:

Blogger Habeela said...

Dude! No more excuses! Now you've got people in the blogosphere who know!

Ironman France? Wow...those are some big hills! Happy planning!

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home