Thursday, May 18, 2006

DERAILED...OR NOT!

Having felt like I worked throught he excuses stage in my training (see previous post) yesterday was a day that could have derailed everything. Babysitter called the night before and said she was sick and was not going to be able to take Anaka for the day. This meant Jaz and I were going to have to tag team work and looking after Anaka throughout the day. (we live on campus, so that makes it a little easier) This gave me the perfect excuse to take the day off and relax...no guilty conscience as I have no time to train.

Wrong! Decided, well, atleast I can get a run in before school, so I did my 8 k just so I didn't feel bad. Period 1, Jaz and I both had off so she stayed with Anaka and I figured I'm here I might as well get my swim in. Swam from 8:00am -9:00am. And to top things off taught a spinning class in the evening.

I had every opportunity and excuse to take the day off and worked through it. Happy that is again behind me and I can get down to serious training for the next 2 1/2 months.

That's the good news...bad news, sprint triathlon tomorrow and my legs are knackered (a little expression I've picked up from our British friends over here). 2 out of the 3 workouts yesterday were interval ('c' priority race tomorrow). Nonetheless, need to try and recover today so I have something in the tank for tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Habeela said...

Way to stick to the training! Good luck tomorrow! It's a sprint. I'm sure you'll do fine.

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home